Registration Form 2023
2023 First Strike Derby Rules and Regulations
CRANBERRY LAKE VOLUNTEER FIRE & RESCUE
ICE FISHING DERBY RULES
January 28, 2023
- Pike entry fee is $35 for Adults 16 and older, Perch entry fee is $10 for kids 15 and younger if registered by January 13th, 2023. Registrations postmarked by January 13th, 2023 are eligible for a drawing for a $250.00 Gift Card. Entry fees after January 13, 2023 will be $40.00. Registration Refunds will be given out ONLY in the event that the CLVFD deems the ice conditions to be unsafe. If this situation arises, there will be NO prizes awarded.
- Each entrant must check in at the Cranberry Lake Fire Hall before starting to fish. You will be given 1 wristband. You must pick up your own band; no one is allowed to pick up someone else’s band. Registration starts at 5 AM on January 28, 2023. You may also register on January 27th at the fire department between 10am and 4pm.
- Contest runs from 7AM.-3P.M. on January 28th 2023. NO fishing prior to 7A.M.
- All fishing is to take place on Cranberry Lake only. All New York State DEC laws and regulations apply. DEC WILL BE HERE CHECKING FOR HELMETS, INSURANCE, REGISTRATION AND FISHING LICENSES.
- All fish must be weighed on official scales at the weigh station by an event official. In the event of a tie in weight the first fish entered will win. NO DEAD FISH WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY. Fish transported to a weigh station must be in water and protected from freezing by being placed in a cooler, fish bag, bucket etc.
- All fish entered become the property of the event officials to be released.
- No fishing will be allowed inside closed shelters. All fishing must be done in open view of officials.
- Fish may not be held for entry in another hour. When fish is landed it must either be entered for that hour or be immediately released back into Cranberry Lake.
- NO ATV’S ARE ALLOWED OR PERMITTED ON RT. 3.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PROPERTY OTHER THAN THE ACCESS AREA TO CRANBERRY LAKE is PRIVATE PROPERTY. PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OWNERS RIGHTS.
- Ice access in Cranberry Lake is at Public Beach on RT 3, NYS Campground Beach at end of Lone Pine Rd., or Boat Launch on Ranger School Rd. in Wanakena. PLEASE OBEY PARKING SIGNS.
- NO vehicles other than legally registered and insured ATV’s, UTV’s or snowmobiles are allowed on the ice.
- Any pictures taken by an event official will become property of the CLVFD and may be used in future advertising.
- Cash & Prizes will be awarded at 4:00PM at the CLVFD. You will need to keep your wristband for the drawing. Drawings for door prizes are for those registered in the Pike Derby only. Any prizes not claimed by 6pm revert back to the fire department to do as they see fit.
- PRIZES: 70% of total receipts less derby expenses. Hourly prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd heaviest fish.
- NEW FOR 2023 – Every registrant for the PIKE Derby will have the chance to win a 2022 Polaris ATV. Drawing will take place at 4pm, January 28th, 2023. You need NOT be present to win the 4-wheeler, but need to claim the prize by 6pm January 28, 2023 with an event official.
- Kids Perch Derby (16 and younger) cash prizes will be awarded for 1-5 places. Every kid that enters the perch derby will receive a prize.
- In the event that an hourly prize is not awarded due to the lack of entries, the prize winner will be drawn at 4PM.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct, as determined by the event officials will be cause for disqualification.
NOTICE: Please make checks payable to Cranberry Lake VFD and submit with your signed registration. Returned check fee is $60 plus entry fee.
Please Print Legibly – REGISTRATION FORM CAN BE PHOTO COPIED – One Registration Required Per Person
- - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NAME _______________________________________ Pre-Registered (postmark by 1/13/23 Pike Derby $35.00 ____
ADDRESS ____________________________________ Pike Derby $40.00 ____
CITY ________________________________________ Kids Derby $10.00 ____
STATE __________ZIP ____________ Email________________________________
Liability-- Neither the tournament committee, sponsors, judges, officers, officials, directors, CLVFD or members of the same are responsible for the safety of persons or property in regards to accidents, theft, damage by fire, vandalism, drowning or any other cause. By signing this release I certify that I understand and agree to hold harmless all members of the aforementioned groups from any liability of claims.
Mail to: Cranberry Lake VFD
Attn: Ice Fishing Derby
PO BOX 549
Cranberry Lake, NY 12927