Cranberry Lake Fire and Rescue's First Strike Derby 2023
- The 2023 'First Strike' Cranberry Lake Ice Fishing Derby is sponsored by the Cranberry Lake Fire and Rescue Department. This year will mark our 14th year hosting this event and we are hoping that it will be the best one yet.
- Known for its great fishing, Cranberry Lake is the third largest lake in the Adirondacks and one of the most popular fishing destinations, both summer and winter.
- The extraordinary fishinig, along with generous prizes, will make this one of the most memorable ice fishing tournaments in the northeast.
- Due to the size of the tournament we recommend early registration by mail or online. Early registration entry fee will be $35.00 and will be open until January 13, 2023. By registering early, you will be put in a drawing to win a $250.00 gift card.
- After January 13, 2023 registration fees will be increased to $40.00.
- Cash prizes will be awarded for first through fifth places for the children's (15 and under) perch derby. Every child that enters will win a prize.
- In the adult category, dozens of door prizes will be awarded, including a 2022 Polaris Sportsman 570 4-wheeler. There will be as much as $15,000.00 in cash and prizes, depending on the number of registered anglers.
- Registrations forms and derby rules are available at www.cranberrylakefire.org. Updates are available on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CranberryLakeFireDepartment.
- We look forward to welcoming ice fisherman from all over the North Country, surrounding states and Canada. It's always a remarkable day and lost of fun for the whole family.